Friendly warning to ensure your fuse box stays dry

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Tazza

Staff member
My parents got work done at their place a few months ago and my S150 was left in the weather when we have a decent storm. Ever since that storm, when i used the machine it would have weird problems like shutting off and starting back up without issue.
Fast forward a few more months when i needed to use it, went to start and it was flat dead. Attached a charger and with the key off it made an odd buzz, ok then. FInally got another battery, put it in and it sparked every time you put a lug on the terminal, so it was pulling power, very odd without the key on...
I got time to look closer and remove the fuse box cover, wish i had my camera, i had a fair bit of water come out.... I have green on some relay legs, corroded fuses and holders, general corrosion that i'm not at all happy with.
Hopefully the damage can be repaired with contact cleaner and hopefully wet and dry sand paper ti clean up the fuse sockets if i can get in there to scrape them up. Ideally the cap should have a small hole in the bottom to allow any water that gets in to drain out. That or ensure that this cover is removed every so often and checking for moisture.
No matter how well something seems to be sealed, don't always trust it!

Latest posts