Found a Melroe Sixer

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

mrfixer

Found a Melroe and older (80's) six-wheel drive skid steer with some drive issues. From what I know about these machines they are stable with a longer wheel base, fast in high gear and have an removable engine that can slide out. The guy is asking $12,500. Looking to fix it and sell - is there something I should be weary of with these?

brdgbldr

Found a Melroe and older (80's) six-wheel drive skid steer with some drive issues. From what I know about these machines they are stable with a longer wheel base, fast in high gear and have a removable engine that can slide out. The guy is asking $12,500. Looking to fix it and sell - is there something I should be weary of with these?
I believe very few of those were made. Finding parts may be a big issue. I saw an ad for a Melroe Bobcat 660 six-
wheel skid loader a few years back and it was listed for $4500 in good condition.

Seems like a piece of equipment for a collector.

OP
OP
mrfixer

mrfixer

So the parts for these are not interchangeable with the current Bobcats... was worried about that.

Here is what it looks like. Apparently it can move Fwd/Reverse but it has trouble turning.

sixer.PNG

Last edited:

brdgbldr

I'm sure there was a reason why very few of those were made. Turning a skid steer with a wheel base that big takes a lot of power. Thats why modern skid steers have such a short wheel base.

OP
OP
mrfixer

mrfixer

If brought back to a good working condition, what could it be worth (approx range)?

Phil314

In general, odd ball items are great if it's something you want and will keep.
They are almost always a bad investment for fixing up and try to reselling.

Latest posts