Forestry door

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

yard dog

T870 forestry door starting to seperate and cloud up hard to see thru, is there a way to remove front glass and discard .

foton

have you priced a new one yet? I wonder if a headlight restore kit will work to clean it up,I assume that since you stated that is seperating it is a form of plastic. lexan? if it is not clouding between the layers it might be worth the 10 bucks to try. good luck let us know what happens.

OP
OP
Y

yard dog

have you priced a new one yet? I wonder if a headlight restore kit will work to clean it up,I assume that since you stated that is seperating it is a form of plastic. lexan? if it is not clouding between the layers it might be worth the 10 bucks to try. good luck let us know what happens.
Thanks for reply it started separation between first layer dirt got in and the sticky film is holding it making clouds and with some scratches on outside nearly impossible to see out, I tried to pull first layer off but adhesive is really tough, was thinking about using adhesive remover but was wondering if it would damage window ? Will try your suggestion, thanks again ! New one is $ 2700.00. Door is made with 7 layers of plastic.

mrbb

you can also try using a heat gun(start in an area that you can sample first to see if it causes any ill effects(same with if you do try adhesive remover)

some times heat will clear things up on plastic's and such!
and I mean heat as ina HEAT gun / hauir dryer and not a torch!

OP
OP
Y

yard dog

Thanks for reply, I will try heat gun maybe that will soften adhesive enough for me to pull first layer off .

OP
OP
Y

yard dog

Finally got top layer off used a heat gun as was suggested, also used a small ratchet strap to pull on it while heating, don't get it too hot as damage can occur, I read where adhesive remover shouldn't be used, any way now I can see out and am a happy camper ! Thanks for reply's !