Flushing hydraulic fluid out of backhoe attachment

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Wsesparky

Ive got an 1845c and a d100 backhoe that i just bought. It was attached to a machine that uses actual hydraulic fluid where as my machine uses 10-30 motor oil with hto. Any ideas on how i can flush all that fluid out. The only way i can think of is take the quick connects off and use a drill pump maybe? Should i pump some diesel through it or just 10-30? Any help or advise is much appreciated!

Bswwood

Whatever you do, do not run diesel through it. I would just hook it to the machine run the backhoe for 5 or 10 minutes and then unhook it from the machine and flush the hydraulic oil in the machine itself. The problem is all the cylinders are full of hydraulic oil and there's no way you'll be able to flush that out unless you take them all apart. Hydraulic oil will be so diluted after you drain and refill your machine once or twice, you will be just fine

OP
OP
W

Wsesparky

Whatever you do, do not run diesel through it. I would just hook it to the machine run the backhoe for 5 or 10 minutes and then unhook it from the machine and flush the hydraulic oil in the machine itself. The problem is all the cylinders are full of hydraulic oil and there's no way you'll be able to flush that out unless you take them all apart. Hydraulic oil will be so diluted after you drain and refill your machine once or twice, you will be just fine
thanks for the reply, i was affraid tthis might might be my only option because i just changed the oil, hto additive, and filter for a total of $350. im thinking maybe an automotive power steering pump, an electric drill, and some 10-30. should probably open and close each cylinder, someone told me that i DO NOT want to mix any hydraulic fluid with the new 10-30+H.T.O. is it not that critical?