Flush/fill hydraulics on new skid steer hydraulic pwrd attachmt?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Earthsun

Greetings... newbie question... have had a Kubota SVL 75-2 for about six months, have never attached a hydraulic attachment... have ordered and expect delivery of a new grapple rake... Question: will the new rake (or any new hydro attachment) come empty or filled with hydro fluid? If it comes empty, when I first connect it won't it drain down my on-board trans-hydro fluid? What about getting air into the system? If it comes full, what if that brand of fluid isn't best for my machine? Also, could there be metal shavings or other debris in the new hydro powered attachment that I should flush out and not to get into my machine? Either way shouldn't I sacrifice a gallon or two of hydro/trans fluid to "flush" the new attachment? If so, how? Possibilities seem to be plug into the male connector into the ctl and actuate hydraulics, but in which direction? Or should I do the same thing with the female fitting? In that case, what would be an easy way to have the alternate line "open" for the fluid to flow freely out the other line? I really don't want to start taking apart a new attachment (thought was to put on a new hydro quick connect fitting on the alternate line and set the hose/fitting down into a bucket, maybe even tied down into a position where it couldn't squirt fluid wildly - would it do that?) As you can see I'm a real newbie - Thanks much for any thoughts........

Tazza

Staff member
If it was NEW new, it may not have fluid in it if it was not tested after being built.
If it's used, it will have oil.
I wouldn't worry too much about diferent oils though.

SkidRoe

And as far as air goes, once you cycle the cylinders about a dozen times, the air will work it's way out. Just top up your oil if required after the first use.
Cheers - SR