Fluid leaking from Wheel

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

92LX555

I noticed last night that the right rear tire has fluid leaking from it. I pulled the tire and noticed I had bailing twine wrapped around the hub so I cut all of that stuff off. This morning I ntoiced the leak was still there from sitting overnight. The leak must be a slow leak becasue you can not see the fluid leaking. I notice it when the machine is parked overnight and there is fluid on the pavement in the morning. I am sure that there is some sort of seal but I looked at the whell last night and can't figure out how you would pull the hub off to get to it. My unit is a L555.

NHserviceman

Part #570473 GASKET Seal, Oil Part #144752 ELEMENT, SEALING Seal, Oil Part #9616493 PLATE, SKID Sleeve, Speed, 3.000 - 3.006 ID OR Part #9824930 SLEEVE Sleeve, 2.75" ID If you like I can show you a diagram showing the assembly.

NHserviceman

You will have to go into the chain case where you would have to take a nut off the sprocket which will release the axle to allow removal. The leak will occur because when you drive, you are splashing oil in the tube and overnight it has time to empty onto the floor but only in small quantity. Keep in mind that if you undergo this process you should watch your torque values when reassembling everything.