float fuse

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

smellyplumber

Does anyone have an idea why my PT60 blows the 5amp float/ micro switch fuse. I have eliminated the safety circuit stuff, the fuse will go for a day or two sometimes or 15 minutes. Could it be the fuel gauge? I lose the gauges and the attachment hydraulic control buttons, but all other function work. This is driving me nuts.

foton

I would think more likely a harness to ground problem though it is possible it could be a gauge, If you get the problem going to the gauge remember there is a wire going to the fuel sender that could be the issue.

OP
OP
S

smellyplumber

The fuel gauge sending unit wires under the seat seem to be in good condition, although the fuel gauge needle sometimes seems like it flutters a bit, could it be the sending unit, based on how much fuel is in the tank, and type of grades I am working on? Have you ever had the sending unit out? Ran the machine for 4 hrs. yesterday, grading, fuse never shorted out. Thanks for your info..........

foton

this is a guess but I would suspect that with the come and go of this electrical problem it is a wire in the harness somewhere going to ground, and yes a fluttering needle on a fuel gauge is usually the winding and wiper on the sending unit , next would be the ground wire connection on the sending unit.

OP
OP
S

smellyplumber

Thanks, I will double check the ground, and pull the sending unit next chance I get. What a task it is, I think the seat weighs nearly a hundred pounds.

Latest posts