First Machine. Junk Yard 1974? Bobcat 700

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Tooofast

So I love watching people bring old machines back from the dead on Youtube so thought i would try it. I found a Bobcat 700 from what the last owner said was 1974. Over it life it had been re-engineered with a 4 cylinder diesel and had a remote fuel tank mounted. It had sat for at least 3 years ( at LEAST!) and had one of the control handles in the cab snapped off. Needless to say it was pretty cheep. It took me about 3 hours to get the motor to fire and with some really sketchy driving from outside the machine with the ROPS tilted forward so we could get at the broken controls we got it on the trailer. Now the hard part starts. I got it stated again when i got home to get it off the trailer but as the seller said he thought it had one or more issues with the drive motors. when i raised the bucker lots of the milky ( read heavy cream) hydraulic oil came out of just about every seal but it moves fast and seems to have power. but the forward and back seems super erratic. it will move at a snail pace but if you try and turn it seems to make a heck of a noise, possibly cavitation? or worse grinding gears. What i really want to do is change out all the fluids and filters but i dont know where to start. any thoughts or suggestions? How do i post photos on he? Thanks Dave