female flat faced coupler leaking

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

[email protected]

hey guys, the female flat faced coupler on my s130 is leaking. when i bought the machine it would not completely close, i cleaned it out and got it to close most of the way but it still wouldnt completely close. any tricks to get it to shut completely? if i need to replace, are there any tricks i should know? do i need to raise the arms a bit for gravity so all the fluid wont leak out? of course its the expensive type from bobcat that you push and hold to releive pressure. only 76 bucks from loaderpartssource, not too bad.

farmshop

The end is probably just battered a little. No tricks just unscrew and reinstall. With machine off you won't lose too much oil. Just have the new one ready to go

Thedon

Jumping in on a similar issue, I've had the quick coupler replaced after a slow leak turned into a major leak.

After replacement was installed it started leaking within 15 minutes and a significant about of oil loss.
Machine has a 4in1 bucket.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

foton

there is only a few reasons why a new quick connect would leak ,bad from factory or trash jamming in the sealing parts of the connector, I would get a cap that can be placed over the connector on the machine so the oil does not run out , and look at the connector for any junk in the inlet side, these are not really meant to be serviceable. so the only thing I can think of is to push the outlet side of the fitting in and blow air thru it, and reassemble hoping for the best. If by chance you do find trash ,I would remove the hoses from a attachment hook up the quick connects and let it flush some from the machine ,but be carefull it could be very messy.

laurencen

any time I have had leakage its junk in the oil, thats why when hooking anything up I clean ends well, once had bad dirty oil hooking up grapple we rented, you never know what oil or machine rental stuff was used on