fabricating a level indicator for bobcat 863F

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

trotter

I have a 863F Bobcat. It does not have self leveling which is not an issue for me when using the bucket. When using the bale spear and moving 4x6 round bales from 3 rows up, it is hard seeing when the bale spear is level when moving bales. Would make it safe and easier getting into the bales if I had a level indicator. Question,, has anyone fabricated a level indicator or found an aftermarket unit to bolt on?

walio123

I've never heard of anyone doing such a device for skid steers. Tractor front loader have a device that connects the frame of the tractor and bucket. Such a device I've seen only very old Russian skid steers , and some Chinese. This device allows positioning the bucket when you raise or lower the boom bucket maintain the same position all the way up or down. In your case will not help even self leveling device. It works only when the arms lift up- when you lower arms - not working. So you needs to make a device that shows the exact position of the bale spear in each moment when lifting and lowering arms.I can not deal with the publication of a picture in the post . Here's a link. http://www.skidsteerforum.com/Portals/57ad7180-c5e7-49f5-b282-c6475cdb7ee7/TTTGallery/balespear/balespear.jpg This device consists of only three parts, is quite simple and very accurate. 3-shaft , 2 -freely rotating rod and 1- fixed rod.Freely rotating rod /2/ will act as a plumb line, and when it coincides with the fixed rod/1/ - bale spear is horizontal.I know that the movement will shake freely rotaing rod. Just try to gliding and everything will work.The challenge here is to find where to mount the device on the bale spear, so to see it consistently all the way from top to bottom.After a little more work you can determine the position of the bale spear without the device. Good luck

Flip57

I ran an old terex loader back in the 70's that had a small rod that ran along the boom which was attached to the bucket on one end and had a pointer at the other end. The pointer slid along a narrow plate with hash marks that indicated the position of the bucket. The plate could be seen from the drivers seat. I don't know how you would adjust for boom height but I suppose you would get a feel for it over time. I posted this on the wrong thread earlier so I reposted here.

1ofU

I ran an old terex loader back in the 70's that had a small rod that ran along the boom which was attached to the bucket on one end and had a pointer at the other end. The pointer slid along a narrow plate with hash marks that indicated the position of the bucket. The plate could be seen from the drivers seat. I don't know how you would adjust for boom height but I suppose you would get a feel for it over time. I posted this on the wrong thread earlier so I reposted here.
Hello, this is a similar setup on some of the cranes i have ran on the booms , i will try to get some pics for you off of the cranes so you can see how they work . would be a easy fab job too . 1 of U

Latest posts