Experience with a T110 ?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Arik434

Hi Guys, I've been doing a ton of side work with my 463 this summer. Its been a great little machine for me, but I'm considering going to something a little bigger. I want to stay relatively small, but had real bad luck in the spring with mud...so I'm also leaning more towards the CTL instead. It seems like a T110 or maybe a Terex PT-30 would be the models I'm leaning towards. The bobcat is definitely heavier, but has more power. I'm curious to hear any opinions on that machine. Thanks for any info. Arik

Tazza

Staff member
A 463 is a great tight access machine, but the extra size and power of a larger machine will get more work done faster.
The only draw back of a tracked machine is the running costs. Tracks are more expensive than tyres. The most important thing is to ensure the final drives are serviced regularly, if one goes bad, you will be in a world of hurt.
I have no experience with tracked machines, hopefully another member can give advise on the T110 you are considering.
If funds permit, I'd advise you hang on to the 463 for the tight access areas that may come up.

OP
OP
A

Arik434

A 463 is a great tight access machine, but the extra size and power of a larger machine will get more work done faster.
The only draw back of a tracked machine is the running costs. Tracks are more expensive than tyres. The most important thing is to ensure the final drives are serviced regularly, if one goes bad, you will be in a world of hurt.
I have no experience with tracked machines, hopefully another member can give advise on the T110 you are considering.
If funds permit, I'd advise you hang on to the 463 for the tight access areas that may come up.
Thanks.... I agree on the maintenance. The long term cost per hour seems to be much higher on the tracked machines. Probably would be best to just rent one for now if I really need a tracked machine. Yes, I love my 463 though. That little thing is a beast for its size. Honestly, if I could find a way to mount some over-the-tire type rubber tracks for certain conditions, that would be perfect!