Excessive hub oil

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

TimberBen

02 t200 3700hrs. I did a service on the machine and when I drained the hub oil the right side just kept draining out. A lot more oil than normal, never quit draining. I change my filters and oils about every 200 hrs and haven't had this problem, always clean normal amount of oil in the hub. I also noticed the oil coming out was fairly thin and it seemed that the hydraulic fluid level was dropping. I have read lots of posts about low hub oil. Not to sure what way to go with excessive oil. Seems like hydraulic fluid is getting into the hub, seal in the final? Machine tracks the same both sides even and the same amount of drive power. I have a great dealer and mechanic at my local shop and will talk to them also. Any info will be appreciated. Thanks

farmshop

I would guess the motor is leaking into the gear case. You could check your case drain filters maybe it's building pressure do to a plugged filter

OP
OP
TimberBen

TimberBen

I would guess the motor is leaking into the gear case. You could check your case drain filters maybe it's building pressure do to a plugged filter
Thanks farmshop. I check the drain filter when I do my services, it's part of the program. Filter was clean as a whistle. I also talked to my dealer service guy today and he hadn't seen this problem before but had a lot of good input. Prolly looking at a rebuilt final swap once mine goes fully south. I'm still doin my research on this and any helpful info will be taken into account.

OP
OP
TimberBen

TimberBen

Thanks farmshop. I check the drain filter when I do my services, it's part of the program. Filter was clean as a whistle. I also talked to my dealer service guy today and he hadn't seen this problem before but had a lot of good input. Prolly looking at a rebuilt final swap once mine goes fully south. I'm still doin my research on this and any helpful info will be taken into account.
Well after doing some research I prolly do have a seal out and most likely a bearing going. My local hydraulic shop seems to think they can rebuild it. I hope they can and when they do I'll know more about what went south in the thing.

allterrain

Well after doing some research I prolly do have a seal out and most likely a bearing going. My local hydraulic shop seems to think they can rebuild it. I hope they can and when they do I'll know more about what went south in the thing.
Hi, had a T180 that had this problem at 500hrs drive motor was removed and resealed under warranty. Cheers hope this helps