Enclosed Cab side windows

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Feedbag

I have a 2003 773G with an enclosed cab. The sliding side windows are very hard to open and close... Does anyone have any tips on how to make the side windows slide open easier? I have tried a dry type lubricant and it has helped a little, but they still require a lot of effort to open/close them..... Thanks.

NinePine

Feedbag, I have an S185, so I am not sure if your windows are like mine. On mine the bottom track for the window are removable so the window can be removed. These tracks have slots that the attachment bolts go through. On mine the track can be moved up and down if you loosen the attachment bolts because of these slots. The harder you push the tracks up tight to the window when tightening the track bolts the harder it is to slide my windows. If this happens I just loosen the track bolts a little and move the track down a little bit, then the window moves much easier. If you drop the track down too far the window will not stay where you open it to. It will slide open and closed just by driving the unit. Hope this helps.

OP
OP
F

Feedbag

Feedbag, I have an S185, so I am not sure if your windows are like mine. On mine the bottom track for the window are removable so the window can be removed. These tracks have slots that the attachment bolts go through. On mine the track can be moved up and down if you loosen the attachment bolts because of these slots. The harder you push the tracks up tight to the window when tightening the track bolts the harder it is to slide my windows. If this happens I just loosen the track bolts a little and move the track down a little bit, then the window moves much easier. If you drop the track down too far the window will not stay where you open it to. It will slide open and closed just by driving the unit. Hope this helps.
Good information, I will look tomorrow and see if I can adjust them. Thank you for the tip !!