Electrical problem on 742B

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

[email protected]

Turned the key and nothing--nada! Turned it again and it started right up, but stalled. Turned it again and nothing -- no groan, no click, no movement of the ammeter needle. Disconnected the starter relay, and shorted the red and green/white and the starter turned over just fine. It would seem that the problem is in the relay or the ignition switch. I can't find a wiring diagram for the switch in the Bobcat service manual. Any help is greatly appreciated

OP
OP
R

[email protected]

Very disappointed that no-one offered suggestions, but I got it started. That is not o say I found the problem. First of all, I did find the wiring diagram in the service manual, but it is not in the parts manual. Found a thread on this forum from several years ago in which the operator experienced the same symptoms, and a new starter relay corrected it. That didn't help me. After several hours with a test light, and my eye constantly on the wiring diagram, I discovered that the out-going power from the ignition and accessory fuses had been swapped. Both fuses were good, accessories worked as required, but there was no power to the ignition switch. I swapped the connections to correct positions and it started right up. Update--the lights didn't work. The acc fuse looks good, but obviously is not transmitting power. New fuse and all is well