Electrical issue on T190

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Hatti

Hi, I am a new member from Sweden and I need some assistance with an electrcal issue. I have a T190 from 2004 and when I am trying to start it, following happens. I turn the key to on and nothing happens and I try this for a few times. Having the key off and turn the lights on, the tempomat and the heat and fuel gauges activates. If I now turn the key to on the gauges start to look like a flipper game, the lights start to flash on and off, when I finally turn the key to start everything goes black. One hour later the machine can start without any problem at all and the next time it behaves like I described above. To me it sounds like a ground failure but I have not found any bad connections. Any Idea someone? Hope I have made myself understood, sorry for my English. Hasse

farmshop

I would also look at the relays. Sounds like a poor connection and when you try to start it the connection opens up. We had an older machine that I ended up removing most of the wires from the back of the fuse/relay panel 1 at a time to clean and put dielectric grease on

OP
OP
H

Hatti

I would also look at the relays. Sounds like a poor connection and when you try to start it the connection opens up. We had an older machine that I ended up removing most of the wires from the back of the fuse/relay panel 1 at a time to clean and put dielectric grease on
I will try that too. I tilted the cab and started to examin some of the wires and ground connections and didn't find anything loose but after that the machine have been starting like a clock!

Bswwood

I will try that too. I tilted the cab and started to examin some of the wires and ground connections and didn't find anything loose but after that the machine have been starting like a clock!
This also happens with poor battery terminal connections, even if you think they are tight, removed and clean the terminals and battery post. Easy to do and if that doesn't work at least you ruled that issue out. I'm assuming its a G series which the left panel are known to fail and cause symptoms like you are describing.

OP
OP
H

Hatti

This also happens with poor battery terminal connections, even if you think they are tight, removed and clean the terminals and battery post. Easy to do and if that doesn't work at least you ruled that issue out. I'm assuming its a G series which the left panel are known to fail and cause symptoms like you are describing.
How do I know if it is a G series?

Bswwood

Don't think there are different series on the t-190. There will be serial number breaks for parts
True however the 2001-2008 T190's would all have the "G-Series" cab with the earlier ones having the 6688405 panel that had issues. The 6688405 panel had the gauges that he was describing.