Electric quick coupler removal

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

briggs

Newbie to this forum. cat 262d electric quick coupler wire broke at the plate. If I remove the coupler and install manual handles, will there be any electrical issues when I unplug the coupler? I may rewrire or stay with old school coupler since I don't change attachments often. Thanks for any help,

mrbb

a broken wire can cause a short
if it was me I'd just fix the broken wire and have things working as they should

OP
OP
B

briggs

a broken wire can cause a short
if it was me I'd just fix the broken wire and have things working as they should
Thanks! After speaking with Cat tech and others I decided to get a new electric coupler and redo the old one for a spare. These wires are in harms way in the woods so I need to figure out some sort of shield to avoid this problem.

mrbb

maybe you can use some PVC pipe,(this way you can make it zig zag along something sturdy , this will enclose the wires in and add some extra protection, using pvc you can follow existing metal frames and or?? to zip tie things too, which might help, just an idea, as I have no clue how or where your wires are running at now?/ but food for thought maybe?

Latest posts