Electric harness for attachments

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

boatman24

I have a 252b cat and have a bobcat gradder attachment. Does anyone know how to get the Cat 8 pin plug converted to the Bobcat 7 pin plug? Cat and Bobcat don't have a clue.

skidsteer.ca

The bobcat 7 pin is a nightmare as only bobcat attachments will work with this. It somehow sends electric pulses instead of the standard power on to move the function, power off to remain stationary.
If you found a bobcat machine to hooks this to you could test to see if the valve on the attachment that splits the oil up to various cylinders has continuous power while that function is moving. If so you could make your own harness up to fit you cat or myself and other skid attachment dealers can supply you with a harness that will fit your cat.
If the valve does not work of continuous power then your looking at changing out the valve for one that work the way everyone else makes hydraulics work. power on or power off.
Ken

Tazza

Staff member
The bobcat 7 pin is a nightmare as only bobcat attachments will work with this. It somehow sends electric pulses instead of the standard power on to move the function, power off to remain stationary.
If you found a bobcat machine to hooks this to you could test to see if the valve on the attachment that splits the oil up to various cylinders has continuous power while that function is moving. If so you could make your own harness up to fit you cat or myself and other skid attachment dealers can supply you with a harness that will fit your cat.
If the valve does not work of continuous power then your looking at changing out the valve for one that work the way everyone else makes hydraulics work. power on or power off.
Ken
Someone in the past has called it "bobcats box of voodoo* which sounds pretty rite!