Effective attachment of a shovel &/or rake?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Sarastructions

Just wondering what people have done in regards to being able to easily carry a shovel/ or rake or even BOTH? Easily on the outside of your skidsteer...

My current thinking : Considering options for the side rear panel mounted options... considering using lengths of pvc or other pieces of pipe/ tubing fastened to the side somehow to be able to slide a shovel or rake into... like the idea of not having a bottom, so any moisture drains and doesn't collect in the holder... also avoiding bungees as a primary fastening method only because they take time and don't seem as secure as id like as a primary fastener... however I may implement the use of a bungee to secure the rattling of said tools in a pipe style holder

Would love any and all pictures of potential solutions to this problem...

Seems like there is an obvious solution I maybe overlooking, THANK YOU for help with the brainstorm

cdmccul

I did find myself needing to transport a long handle tool, like a snow shovel or ice breaker.

It will be machine dependant, as some have different clearances than others. You can't mount it to the side of the cab in my case, the arms swing there. I operate in narrow spaces, so I personally don't want to add to the back.

I think I want to make mine clip to the top of the bucket. Mount a bar horizontally, with pond that drop into the holes in the step plates across the top edge of the bucket. To that bar, attach short vertical tube they end up over the bucket. Then drop the tools in there. I can easily remove the tools from the rack when I get on location or remove the while rack when not needed.

I'm curious what others come up with.