Duetz BF4M 1011f Bobcat 873

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

bttpe

Hey does anyone know who I could call or email to ask a couple questions about a Duetz motor in my 873? I rebuilt the motor and it's running. I just have a couple of detailed questions and not having any luck on the forums. I'm happy to pay for the help just don't know who to contact.

7LBSSMALLIE

ASK AWAY DUDE, BEEN AT THIS FOR 25 YRS PLUS. IN MY HUMBLE OPIONION ONE OF THE BEST ENGS WE HAVE EVER USED( FEW FACTS) RUN IT HARD GRUNT IT DOWN OR RINGS WILL GLAZE. SHE WILL EAT A QUART OF OIL A WEEK, SHE WILL RUN ON ANYTHING THAT BURNS, ONE TOOTH OUT WILL CAUSE TROUBLE. SCREEN IN FUEL PUMP OFTEN GETS OVERLOOKED. ABOUT BULLET PROOF. UNLESS NEGLELCTED

OP
OP
B

bttpe

ASK AWAY DUDE, BEEN AT THIS FOR 25 YRS PLUS. IN MY HUMBLE OPIONION ONE OF THE BEST ENGS WE HAVE EVER USED( FEW FACTS) RUN IT HARD GRUNT IT DOWN OR RINGS WILL GLAZE. SHE WILL EAT A QUART OF OIL A WEEK, SHE WILL RUN ON ANYTHING THAT BURNS, ONE TOOTH OUT WILL CAUSE TROUBLE. SCREEN IN FUEL PUMP OFTEN GETS OVERLOOKED. ABOUT BULLET PROOF. UNLESS NEGLELCTED
I appreciate the reply. I've rebuilt this engine myself and have it started and running. The big issue is that it doesn't want to shut down. I've double checked the control rod alignment with the injection pumps. That seems to be good. The control rod moves smoothly and I can close it by sticking my finger in where the fuel shut off solenoid goes. However, when I pull the lines between the pumps and the injectors two of the pumps keep pumping fuel (little gysers) even with the control rod pushed in (closed). Are the pumps bad? Or are the shims not correct? I did not measure the down to the tappets because I simply reused the shims and fuel pumps.

OP
OP
B

bttpe

Here's what I did that seems to work. Let's start with I didn't realize the pumps could be disassembled. I got pissed off and took an impact to the fitting on the top of a spare one and low and behold it comes off (had an oring on that top fitting). Took pictures and pulled out about 5-6 pieces and kept them in order. Cleaned them with brake cleaner and reinstalled with a new oring. When I put it back on it both pumped (little gyser shooting up) and shut off when I pushed in the control rod. Also it freed up the pin/lever that is in contact with the control rod so that it would move freely. Jolly ho I think I've found the answer. Will do all of them over the weekend and give us an update. Think I'll shoot and post a Youtube since I didn't find one during any search.

Latest posts