Doosan buys Bobcat and IR utility group.

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

WebbCo

Doosan of South Korea purchases Bobcat and the IR utility line for 4.9 Billion dollars.
Good possiblity that the Kubota engine in the Bobcat machines will be replaced. Also,
Kubota will introduce its first Skid Steer early 2008.

Tazza

Staff member
I did hear that IR was on the market......
I hope this will not effect the serivce provided by Bobcat.

Fishfiles

Story I heard was Doosan is the 7th largest manufacturer of heavy equipment in the world before the Bobcat buy out, they have Koreing all ready under they umbrella , they only made machines over 50 horse power -----------been seeing some Lou Gong here in New Orleans , from what I hear on them , they are 8 of the engineers from Kobelco who branched off when Kobelco joined New Holland and Case and produced a line of machines , nice machine from what I seen so far -------it's a shame that another company goes way side , even though Bobcat wasn't a true American comany any more in my eyes as they had moved their corporate office to the Bahamas a few years back to be taxes and 80% or so of the machines parts came from over seas -----------I just hope that parts will still be readily available for the units that are out already there now

BobcatGirl

Story I heard was Doosan is the 7th largest manufacturer of heavy equipment in the world before the Bobcat buy out, they have Koreing all ready under they umbrella , they only made machines over 50 horse power -----------been seeing some Lou Gong here in New Orleans , from what I hear on them , they are 8 of the engineers from Kobelco who branched off when Kobelco joined New Holland and Case and produced a line of machines , nice machine from what I seen so far -------it's a shame that another company goes way side , even though Bobcat wasn't a true American comany any more in my eyes as they had moved their corporate office to the Bahamas a few years back to be taxes and 80% or so of the machines parts came from over seas -----------I just hope that parts will still be readily available for the units that are out already there now
In way of parts - we've had some success buying aftermarket parts from Gaberdeen. So I guess if Bobcat can't deliver parts for older models, its worth a shot looking at aftermarket.

OP
OP
WebbCo

WebbCo

In way of parts - we've had some success buying aftermarket parts from Gaberdeen. So I guess if Bobcat can't deliver parts for older models, its worth a shot looking at aftermarket.
Parts wise we hope nothing really changes, as for aftermarket parts, they are limited in their supplies. Bobcat factory moral is currently very low, stock holders where trying to get ownership of Bobcat. Also, its being said that the Melroe brothers are turning over in their graves. Scuttle around has it that maybe Cummins engines are a possibilty in the future.
Doosan reps will be visiting the factory next week to look things over.

OP
OP
WebbCo

WebbCo

Parts wise we hope nothing really changes, as for aftermarket parts, they are limited in their supplies. Bobcat factory moral is currently very low, stock holders where trying to get ownership of Bobcat. Also, its being said that the Melroe brothers are turning over in their graves. Scuttle around has it that maybe Cummins engines are a possibilty in the future.
Doosan reps will be visiting the factory next week to look things over.
Kubota engine contract stays in place...

Latest posts