Door on my 250 Series II

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

wjjeeper

I recently picked up a 2004 JD250 Series II and it needs a little love to the door. It currently has only one gas shock, but I plan on adding the second. I'm questioning if there is supposed to be a latch mechanism on the door to hold it in the "up" position or not. When sitting in the machine there is a bracket over the right hand shoulder up in the corner of the cab, and there is also a tab that sticks off the top right corner of the door. What am I missing, or are the two gas shocks enough to hold the door up in position?

mfyock

I have an early 240. Probably very similar. Yes, the gas struts are enough to hold the door up. There isnt a latch to hold it. What you are seeing is there sensor that checks to see if the door is open.

OP
OP
W

wjjeeper

I have an early 240. Probably very similar. Yes, the gas struts are enough to hold the door up. There isnt a latch to hold it. What you are seeing is there sensor that checks to see if the door is open.
Thank you kindly. My machine has no sensor there. I've also noticed that the seatbelt and seat weight switches have been bypassed. I'm not sure how they did it, but I'd kind of like to switch it back.....