Died while using, now it won't start

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Wrangler

Was using my 1845c Uniloader for the first time, and it died after about 30 minutes. I tried to restart and it will turn over, but not start. Checked fuel, and battery - both fine. Any ideas? I've never had one of these before.

OP
OP
W

Wrangler

I don't hear anything. Where would it be? I believe it is only a mechanical one

Last edited:

foton

well that is why I wrote if it has one. case are good machines and those are simpler than current models. I believe that those use a mechanical injector pump and it should have a manual primer on the lift pump, loosen the fuel line on the outlet side of the manual pump and pump the pump and see if you are getting flow if so go to the next joint all the way to the inlet of the injector pump, it might be a good idea if you do not know when the fuel filter was changed to do that. empty the old filter into a glass jar and look at it see if there is water or excess dirt in it, so you know if it was plugged up or contaminated with water, that will get you going on isolating the problem. good luck

Aerocom Tools

Check that you are getting power to the fuel stop solenoid if fitted to the pump. I used a manual pull rod on mine to actuate the lever.

OP
OP
W

Wrangler

I'm getting fuel past the filter. How do I check if I'm getting fuel to or past the injectors?

foton

crack the fitting at the injectors and turn the engine over, it will most likely be best to have two people one to turn it over the other to watch the injector line, do each injector and watch for diesel spray, it is high pressure so do not let it hit you.

foton

if you have fuel to the injectors I guess if there is a diesel shop close to you , you can pull them out and have them tested or pull the injectors out and reconnect the fuel line to them and watch the spray to see if it is even and does not dribble. be carefull if you do this.

Nmilliner

Was using my 1845c Uniloader for the first time, and it died after about 30 minutes. I tried to restart and it will turn over, but not start. Checked fuel, and battery - both fine. Any ideas? I've never had one of these before.
Had exact same problem. Check injector leak back. Too much and the high pressure pump cant keep up. New set of injectors now starts and runs like new.