Deere 240 engine oil draining

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

bornfreeee

Hello~ I am ready to change the engine oil on a 2003 Deere 240 skid steer......but I can't find the oil drain hose? The manual indicates it is in the small compartment just behind the left rear tire where I only find an uncapped hose connected to the radiator a roughly 1 1/4" line with no free end that looks like the hydraulic flex lines. Could anyone help me with where and how the engine oil drains? Much appreciated. Brendan

skidsteer.ca

Is there an inspection cover underneath the engine. Thats how my Nh is, I looked in the service manual and it does not have anything on doing a oil chage so it must be pretty straight forward.
Skidsteer.ca

JD4440

Mine's in that compartment. Is there a lot of dirt, ect packed in there ?

OP
OP
B

bornfreeee

Mine's in that compartment. Is there a lot of dirt, ect packed in there ?
There was a lot of grime packed in there before I cleaned the compartment out. I suppose I will have to remove the inspection cover under the engine to find the oil drain method. If you could tell me any identifying characteristics of the drain hose on your unit, that may be helpful. Thanks.

JD4440

There was a lot of grime packed in there before I cleaned the compartment out. I suppose I will have to remove the inspection cover under the engine to find the oil drain method. If you could tell me any identifying characteristics of the drain hose on your unit, that may be helpful. Thanks.
probably a 5/8 hose covered in that tough fabric protective sleeve. Just barely long enough to reach outside the access door.

JD4440

probably a 5/8 hose covered in that tough fabric protective sleeve. Just barely long enough to reach outside the access door.
I found a picture online. If you remove the skid plate on the hyd reservoir side of the machine you should see a 90deg fitting screwed into the oil pan and the hose on the fitting leading around the hyd tank.

JD4440

JD4440

I found a picture online. If you remove the skid plate on the hyd reservoir side of the machine you should see a 90deg fitting screwed into the oil pan and the hose on the fitting leading around the hyd tank. http://manuals.deere.com/cceomview/OMKV11661_J0/Output/kv11661j011.html#66254
mines 440355s/n