Ct322 bucket won't roll

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

CBCSkidsteer

So I was lifting a heavy load with my forks on the skid steer and all of a sudden lost all control over the roll. The boom lifts fine but the cylinder for the roll just extend out and the only way i get it back is to force them down to move back into position. When I operate the hand control you can see it goes to try and lift but nothing there. I took the line off closest to the bucket (rollback hydraulic line) and when you start it definitely a good flow of oil out of it. I though there should be pressure relief valve but dealer tells me no ??

Thanks

cdmccul

Hrrrrrmmmmmm. Well, maybe under HEAVY load. But yea I think it'd be less of what you describe.

Then sounds like a control valve issue, but I now have little to add to diagnosis, not at all familiar with your machine. Solenoid stuck, linkage bent or a worn pin, etc etc etc...

foton

I think it is possible that one cylinder could go bad ( internally bypass) that much to make the other on not be able to operate but unlikely. I believe that they are teed together if you can remove the hoses from one cylinder and cap the hoses then try to operate bucket. If it moves then you found the bad cylinder , if not reconnect and move to the other cylinder, and see what happens , be careful as the controls might be faster with only one cylinder in the circuit.

OP
OP
C

CBCSkidsteer

so as soon as I checked was by passing, took apart and the ram fell out the nut had come off that holds the ram to position so yes if one is down they both won't work ...

Thanks for following up with the actual cause of the problem. That is very helpful to store away for future reference.