creaping 610

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

maineshops

the uppy downey and tilt valves seem to be passing buy and causing creaping. i honed and replaced the tilt valve seals with no improvement. any fix or rebuilding of the valves? for what i use it for it is not a big issue but it is like sunburn, you just have to keep picking at it.

Tazza

Staff member
It can be bad ram seals or the load checks in the control block. When the load checks wear the rams can leak down, some times slowly, others quite fast depending on the load in the bucket.

OP
OP
M

maineshops

It can be bad ram seals or the load checks in the control block. When the load checks wear the rams can leak down, some times slowly, others quite fast depending on the load in the bucket.
Tazza...where would load checks be located in the system? i haven't seen any reference to them in the manual but i may have missed it. like a check valve? this girl has very little external leakage. when i first got her she leaked all over a little but soon stopped as the seals found a home. would the leak be between the two sides of the piston? the rams look pretty good so i'm guessing the bore is pretty good too. thanks for your help. i'm getting ready to fire her up and load some logs on the sawmill. ma wants a new deck on the back of the cabin. we lost about 4 ft of snow the last few days. nother foot and i'll start think about planting.

OP
OP
M

maineshops

Tazza...where would load checks be located in the system? i haven't seen any reference to them in the manual but i may have missed it. like a check valve? this girl has very little external leakage. when i first got her she leaked all over a little but soon stopped as the seals found a home. would the leak be between the two sides of the piston? the rams look pretty good so i'm guessing the bore is pretty good too. thanks for your help. i'm getting ready to fire her up and load some logs on the sawmill. ma wants a new deck on the back of the cabin. we lost about 4 ft of snow the last few days. nother foot and i'll start think about planting.
on the cylinders. is thare a common O ring for both pressure sides or is there cup seals back to back?

Tazza

Staff member
on the cylinders. is thare a common O ring for both pressure sides or is there cup seals back to back?
I don't know what control valve you have but they will be behind plugs on either side of where the oil comes out of the valve. Some are parallel to the ports others are parallel with the spool. Check behind the plugs, there will be one for each high pressure outlet. They will have a spring and poppet but some have a body thats part of the plug with O rings, my old 731 had this style and the o-rings were shredded, i replaced them and it was perfect.
I would doubt they just run O rings in the cylinders, they will be propper seals on the piston, i can't guess what style though. The rods will use a propper pressure seal. If you pull the rams down, take it to a hydraulic seal shop and they can match them for you.

Latest posts