Coolant Flush & Fill

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

nflodge

My '98 LX 565 is due for a cooling system refresh. It has cab heat. What is the correct procedure for a flush and fill coolant change? With all of the various coolants available these days, which one is appropriate for this NH model? With prices what they are, I can't afford dealer service on this kind of maintenance. I'm sure you're all feeling the pain.

foton

I like Final Charge , it is long life and excedes all requirements that I know of. and it is not priced that bad.

OP
OP
N

nflodge

I like Final Charge , it is long life and excedes all requirements that I know of. and it is not priced that bad.
Thanks Foton, for the tip on coolant. Now I just to figure out how to flush and refill the entire cooling system. Any thoughts on this?
Maybe Mike10, a long time poster and NH expert, can step in here?

foton

I am no expert on this but can you just determine what is the easiest and lowest place there is to access the cooling system, open it up . refill with water run some drain again . then add your new coolant. just remember to try to work out air around the thermostat if it does not have a self bleeding one. kinda just as you would do a car.