Convert Hand controls to foot controls 753 or repair AHC

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Brick0044

I have a 1999 753 F series with hand controls which when working is nice but more often than not they aren't working. I have checked electrical plugs for corrosion. It seems like no rhyme or reason for when it happens. It sometimes will work after I mess around checking connections but not sure if that's just coincidence. Does anyone know what it would take to convert to foot controls? Getting real sick of it not working when I need it. By the way it has 3200 hrs. Any help would be appreciated.

OP
OP
B

Brick0044

Also, after starting then pushing traction control button both lights are green on left controller. I can curl and dump with right stick. Then when I move the left stick to lift position nothing happens and can still use curl and dump on right stick. So far so good. Now the problem seems to be when I move the left stick to the lower boom position it does nothing and left light flashes 5 times. So I switched plugs from the actuators and results were the same except the right light flashes 5 times and obviously the controls switched handles. Basically it seems as it is something in the lift command.

flyerdan

I'm trying to edit the title of the thread but can't figure that out.
Sorted. I assume you wanted to add "or repair AHC", that needed to be done to the first post in the thread, and since editing isn't available to anyone a mod has to do it.
If you wanted something else, just post what you wanted and we can copy/paste it in.
Can't help with your issue, I'm guessing it doesn't have the foot pedals to switch back and forth from. There should be a repair book for the 753 in the manual thread, that will probably address the electronic controls.

OP
OP
B

Brick0044

Sorted. I assume you wanted to add "or repair AHC", that needed to be done to the first post in the thread, and since editing isn't available to anyone a mod has to do it.
If you wanted something else, just post what you wanted and we can copy/paste it in.
Can't help with your issue, I'm guessing it doesn't have the foot pedals to switch back and forth from. There should be a repair book for the 753 in the manual thread, that will probably address the electronic controls.
You are correct it doesn't have foot controls. Everything I've been reading is negative on the problems with AHC. I noticed today that if I drive it around then try it it will start working (for how long who knows). Wish I could just get parts and convert it for a reasonable price. If anyone has done this do you have a parts list of what it would take? Thanks

Bswwood

You are correct it doesn't have foot controls. Everything I've been reading is negative on the problems with AHC. I noticed today that if I drive it around then try it it will start working (for how long who knows). Wish I could just get parts and convert it for a reasonable price. If anyone has done this do you have a parts list of what it would take? Thanks
I understand the frustration with the AHC system. These can be hard to trouble shoot sometimes. In your case sounds like the lift actuator is the problem. Take a look at this video and see if it helps understand the actuators a little better. As far as changing it over the cost would be about the same as repairing the current issue if not more. The problem is the valve is a little different and you would not have a float option unless you changed the spool, spool cap and add detents. https://youtu.be/LefM_uilq94

OP
OP
B

Brick0044

I understand the frustration with the AHC system. These can be hard to trouble shoot sometimes. In your case sounds like the lift actuator is the problem. Take a look at this video and see if it helps understand the actuators a little better. As far as changing it over the cost would be about the same as repairing the current issue if not more. The problem is the valve is a little different and you would not have a float option unless you changed the spool, spool cap and add detents. https://youtu.be/LefM_uilq94
Thank you guys for the help. Will look into it when I get a chance.