Condensation build up- inside cab on roof window

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Fabian753G

I recently purchased a 02 Bobcat 753G with an enclosed cab. I noticed during rainy days, the cab would get wet due to condensation/water drops building up on the roof window from inside the cab and dripping down. I replaced the roof window trim with an OEM trim kit as well as the screws/knobs hardware. Water drops are still building up inside the cab against the roof window. Can you provide me with any insight with where to start to prevent the water drops from building up?
Thanks in advance.

Fabricator

Unfortunately, it is sort of the nature of the beast with a small enclosed space like that. Moisture inside the space condenses on the cold glass - anything from ambient moisture to your own breath adds to it.

Air circulation helps. You could add a small fan to circulate the air, but this would typically only operate while you're using the loader.

OP
OP
F

Fabian753G

Unfortunately, it is sort of the nature of the beast with a small enclosed space like that. Moisture inside the space condenses on the cold glass - anything from ambient moisture to your own breath adds to it.

Air circulation helps. You could add a small fan to circulate the air, but this would typically only operate while you're using the loader.
Thanks,
I didn't think that would be the case if the machine was not being utilizing or running

mrbb

you will get condensation from temp change, doesn't have to be a running machine to have it happen,
as the sun warms things, inside of cab can get hotter or colder than outside air temp, all the more so on very humid days or locations!
I do not know what or how large a area you have with dripping effecting /or bothering you
but if you glue some foam insulation(closed cell foam) to the metal, it will prevent bleed thru, won't stop condensation bleed thru, but will direct it to the outside edges of the insulatyion you add, which you can maybe do , to direct it away from you?
on the glas? well, that would be either covering it up or , living with it

I will also add, that if you park a wet Hot machine in an un heated garage, (like after plowing snow) it will amplify the process of things dripping inside, the cab,
its always better to leave things outside till they cool down, restart and then park inside, I know not always easy to do, , but it will help, keep cab dry!

OP
OP
F

Fabian753G

you will get condensation from temp change, doesn't have to be a running machine to have it happen,
as the sun warms things, inside of cab can get hotter or colder than outside air temp, all the more so on very humid days or locations!
I do not know what or how large a area you have with dripping effecting /or bothering you
but if you glue some foam insulation(closed cell foam) to the metal, it will prevent bleed thru, won't stop condensation bleed thru, but will direct it to the outside edges of the insulatyion you add, which you can maybe do , to direct it away from you?
on the glas? well, that would be either covering it up or , living with it

I will also add, that if you park a wet Hot machine in an un heated garage, (like after plowing snow) it will amplify the process of things dripping inside, the cab,
its always better to leave things outside till they cool down, restart and then park inside, I know not always easy to do, , but it will help, keep cab dry!
Makes sense. I appreciate the response