Concrete Breaker for sale in Norcal $3500

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

billrbg

I think it is a Stanley MB256 on a bracket/mount that fits a 743 Bobcat. An older unit, but used within the last month or so and worked fine. Has old-style (sliding sleeve) couplers. Located in ZIP 94596. Will provide photos for interested parties. Contact

Tazza

Staff member
No bites on this yet. Wrong location? No pictures? Wrong price?
Keep in mind that not everyone is after a breaker, listing on craigslist would get you more views than you would on here as well.

OP
OP
B

billrbg

Keep in mind that not everyone is after a breaker, listing on craigslist would get you more views than you would on here as well.
Oh, Tazza, you sure had my hopes up when I was notified I had a reply! Then I saw it was from you... not on even the same continent. Yeah, CL will be my next move.

Tazza

Staff member
Oh, Tazza, you sure had my hopes up when I was notified I had a reply! Then I saw it was from you... not on even the same continent. Yeah, CL will be my next move.
hehe nice, you had your hopes up then saw it was me, i should feel hurt by that :)

OP
OP
B

billrbg

hehe nice, you had your hopes up then saw it was me, i should feel hurt by that :)
When I am away from here so long that I forget the name/address of this site I do a web search for "tazza skid". That is some kind of immortality, isn't it? Feel better now?

Tazza

Staff member
When I am away from here so long that I forget the name/address of this site I do a web search for "tazza skid". That is some kind of immortality, isn't it? Feel better now?
hahaha it just means i'm here far too often :)

OP
OP
B

billrbg

If you use a concrete breaker on ANY skid loader it will tear the thing apart! Breakers do NOT belong on skid loaders. PERIOD!!
I think that is a bit pessimistic. I took out two swimming pools, about 140 tons of well-reinforced and good quality concrete with it. Plus several jobs of easy "flat work". It does shake things up a lot, but nothing has broken. The only real effect I have noticed is that the balls on the QC fittings have "hammered" into the couplings badly and the couplings are difficult to mate now. These are old-style sliding-sleeve couplings, of course. The newer flat-face ones may not even have this problem. I also had several hoses for the lift arms fail; but was that only because of the hydraulic pulsing, or was it also due to them being over 30 years old?

Tazza

Staff member
I think that is a bit pessimistic. I took out two swimming pools, about 140 tons of well-reinforced and good quality concrete with it. Plus several jobs of easy "flat work". It does shake things up a lot, but nothing has broken. The only real effect I have noticed is that the balls on the QC fittings have "hammered" into the couplings badly and the couplings are difficult to mate now. These are old-style sliding-sleeve couplings, of course. The newer flat-face ones may not even have this problem. I also had several hoses for the lift arms fail; but was that only because of the hydraulic pulsing, or was it also due to them being over 30 years old?
My understanding was that when the breaker is low on charge, it hammers the crap out of the machine, welds crack. I bought a machine years ago that must have run a breaker, so many parts were cracked. The bobtach was sad, the sorst part was the lift arms, the cross support part that you step on to get in the cab was the worst. I soent a lot of time with the plasma gouging out cracks. I think there was at least 3 lineal metres of weld i had to lay into them. But hey, i got there in the end.