Cold weather jcb attachments.

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

I have a JCB 270 Skid loader. Is there an engine block or antifreeze plug in to help it start in the cold. What do jcb skidloader owners do to help start in the cold?

Thanks

mrbb

don't know if your model came with a block heater option or not, but I would think on could be added if one wanted too, be it OEM or aftermarket !

other options are, adding a magnet oil pan heater, or a coolant heater, that you plug in a few hours before needing to start machine
they also sell battery blankets /wraps that also are plugged in and heat the battery, or a battery pad, you place under battery that heats from the bottom , to warm battery up before trying to crank, which will allow more cranking amps, than a cold battery will,
as most batteries don't have ability to use all the amps they are rated at when cold! , so warming battery can help this place sells all 3 items. there are also others, but this one comes to mind fast here!

I have an older skid steer that is NOT cold start happy, so I have added a oil pan magnet and a battery wrap, r, and it makes a huge difference for me, however, the first battery blanket failed in just over a yr, so last winter I went to a battery pad, , seemed to work well, but didn;t get much snow, or need to run machine last winter, or for any real amount of time to see how long it lasts, but
sure make starting easier in cold temps for me

one other thing I added was a wireless remote control electrical outlet, this way I can turn on heaters from inside my house, a few hours before I plan to use machine and not have to go outside and do so, makes life easier IMO

I used a electrical cord that plugs into outlet that had lighted ends, so I can visually see that I DID turn it on too, and not just hope it went on!

these remote outlets can be had with hand held remotes, or that use WI FI/ an APP , which you can turn on thru your phone too if your more modern, I opted for a actual hand held remote, they are sold all over, if you look! hundreds of models and features!
the ones with app/WI FI control, can be used to turn things on from far away or different locations , which can make life easier if you keep machinery at different locations, so they are worth maybe looking into!

foton

I just use a appliance timer they are rated usally for 10 amps, i just set it to come on about two hours before I want to use the machine. I run the battery warmer and the block heater together cause the draw is still less than 10 amps, of course that si the ones I have,I assume there are larger one available that would exceed 10 amps.

Latest posts