clark m600 hydraulic help please?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

sedorbrian

On the one side of the bobcat is a dome shaped hydraulic breather cap, on the other side is a square headed bolt. Which side does the hydraulic fluid go in? and how much? (these are located behind the seat on the top of the side walls)

thetool

My manual is calling the left side to fill, with the check plugs on the left side between the wheels. There is a cross-over in the frame. Book says both sides hold a total of 18 gallons.
I imagine the plug on the other side is for a totally empty machine, you'd put 9 gallons in each side to fill it faster than waiting for the cross-over.
My manual shows two plugs behind the rear axle. They are drains for the chaincases and fuel tank.
I've never worked on one of these.

m610

My manual is calling the left side to fill, with the check plugs on the left side between the wheels. There is a cross-over in the frame. Book says both sides hold a total of 18 gallons.
I imagine the plug on the other side is for a totally empty machine, you'd put 9 gallons in each side to fill it faster than waiting for the cross-over.
My manual shows two plugs behind the rear axle. They are drains for the chaincases and fuel tank.
I've never worked on one of these.
I usually fill through the plug, and wait for the oil to cross over. Removing the side plugs is a good idea if you want to fill fast and see the fluid level. I have not removed the vent from my Bobcat as of yet.

Latest posts