CAT skid steer grapple attachment problem

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Taywill1220

I am at an impasse at the moment. It is regarding an attachment on a CAT 252b3 skid steer. The attachment is pallet forks and a grapple. For the last several days, I have not been able to get the grapple to open. However, if i give it full throttle the grapple opens and closes properly, except it wont stay open like it normally would. When connected, i can see one of the hydraulic hoses jump when i attempt to open. I've disconnected the hoses from the quick attach, and reattached them, with ease. I've disconnected the hoses from the attachment itself and they spray fluid out. I've disconnected the attachment from the hoses completely, and manually tried to lift the grapple, and it does, and fluid sprays out of the open ports where the hoses would be attached. I have no idea what else to do. Ive tried finding literature of issues like this on-line, and am shocked by how little there actually is. I believe to have isolated the problem from the coupler on the attachment and down from that...for everything above the attachment (ie the hoses, quick connect, and the machine itself seems to be working fine.) Any ideas? Thanks.

OP
OP
T

Taywill1220

ALSO...i forgot to add, when the arms are raised all the way up and the grapple is tilted down, so that the hydraulic lines to the quick connects are basically completely straight...it works perfectly fine then

Tazza

Staff member
ALSO...i forgot to add, when the arms are raised all the way up and the grapple is tilted down, so that the hydraulic lines to the quick connects are basically completely straight...it works perfectly fine then
That is a very weird problem, it sounds like a quick coupler is bad...