Cat 289d engine fan running non stop

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Alcona conttacting

Cat 289d engine cooling fan won't shut off.
When I start my skid steer the engine fan comes on right away and won't disengage.
Can anyone point me in the right direction?
Thanks in advance!

cdmccul

Th he a.c. may not need recharged... In some systems, the pressure transducer will signal "over pressure" when it isn't... This will trigger the computer to shut down the compressor and run the fans on full.

Most of the transducers in the automotive aftermarket world are $50. No idea what CAT will want. Normally they can be changed without discharging the system, as there is a Schrader valve at the sensor mounting boss.

OP
OP
A

Alcona conttacting

Th he a.c. may not need recharged... In some systems, the pressure transducer will signal "over pressure" when it isn't... This will trigger the computer to shut down the compressor and run the fans on full.

Most of the transducers in the automotive aftermarket world are $50. No idea what CAT will want. Normally they can be changed without discharging the system, as there is a Schrader valve at the sensor mounting boss.
The ac compressor wasn't kicking on at all but when I put a ac recharge kit in it it kicked on for a bit but then quit again.
So I'm thinking there's a leak in the system.
Guess I'll wait to see what the ac shop discovers…would be nice if 1 fix cures both problems.
Thx a lot!

NorthernGuy

Hello,
Did you find out a solution to the engine cooling fan always being on? My 289D3 just starting doing the same thing today. The AC does work

dontaskme

The engine cooling fan is the fan situated underneath the cooling pack, it is a hydraulic flow through fan that is ALWAYS on whenever the pumps are rotating, if it wasn't then the pump coupling has failed & your machine would never move until it's repaired. If you mean you have an ac system with the condenser & electrical fan motors on the back door, that fan really should only get power (electrical) when the ac switch is engaged. As for your ac system, if you suspect a leak check the hoses going to the condenser from the engine compartment they tend to blow due to them being crushed when the door is closed.