Cat 272D 2012 parking brake problem

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

heddonpal

Can't seem to get the parking brake to disengage. Parking brake light on the console stays on. But light doesn't come on in the switch. (does this light suppose to come on) I have replace the parking brake switch and parking brake solenoid. Starts up as it should and brake switch releases the hydraulics, but not the parking brake. Relatively new to skidsteers. What else should I be looking at? Arms are down and door is shut. Machine only has about 1100 hours relatively clean machine.

knogen

Need to have dealership hook up and see what is going on If park brake light doesn't go out it is not releasing interlock

OP
OP
H

heddonpal

Need to have dealership hook up and see what is going on If park brake light doesn't go out it is not releasing interlock
Cat Dealer quoted me $900 to come out to trouble shoot it. Im about 60 miles from them. I think i have located the problem have some wire on the back of the fuse board thats rusted. Couple terminals that need a heavy cleaning. Pretty sure they are ground wires. Will try that first then maybe have the local kubota dealer come out to look at it before i have the cat dealer out.

Tazza

Staff member
Cat Dealer quoted me $900 to come out to trouble shoot it. Im about 60 miles from them. I think i have located the problem have some wire on the back of the fuse board thats rusted. Couple terminals that need a heavy cleaning. Pretty sure they are ground wires. Will try that first then maybe have the local kubota dealer come out to look at it before i have the cat dealer out.
Corrosion can cause some real issues in the fuse box, i hope it is the cause of the park brake not working. My fuse box got water in it, caused a heap of issues...

kroog

Corrosion can cause some real issues in the fuse box, i hope it is the cause of the park brake not working. My fuse box got water in it, caused a heap of issues...
It could also be your safety switch. Check it for open/short circuit or dirty/corrosion.

01Time

I also recently posted about my parking brake issue. I don't have any symptoms yet, but I took my 246 to the dealer just after I bought it to have it checked out before I started using. They ran a test that indicated that it was slowly failing (BRAKE TEST FAILED - 28 PSI SHOULD BE READING 0 PSI). They said at some point, the parking brake will not release. They quoted me $935 to replace the parking brake solenoid and manifold.

OP
OP
H

heddonpal

Well I broke down and had the Cat dealer repair person out here. It was the joystick sensors. They fixed that then the starter went out. That was a pain replacing hard to get your hands back there.