CAT 262B Fuel Leak

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Michael.Kesner

I recently purchased a 2007 Cat 262B. Afterwards, I noticed a fuel leak on the bottom driver side rear. The inside engine bay is bone dry, all hoses are clean, no visible leaks. But there is diesel coming out of this plug. It's not a lot but it does drip a little here. Please let me know your ideas.

Here is a pic.
text

flyerdan

It appears to be the drain for the fuel tank, but the weldment would indicate that the tank is part of the belly pan.
If you can confirm through visual or parts book reference, the best course would be to siphon off as much fuel as possible to keep it clean, pull the plug and drain the dregs.
Clean all the threads, inspect for nicks or gouges that could cause the seep, and treat lightly with a fuel rated thread sealant.

Tazza

Staff member
It appears to be the drain for the fuel tank, but the weldment would indicate that the tank is part of the belly pan.
If you can confirm through visual or parts book reference, the best course would be to siphon off as much fuel as possible to keep it clean, pull the plug and drain the dregs.
Clean all the threads, inspect for nicks or gouges that could cause the seep, and treat lightly with a fuel rated thread sealant.
It looks like a drain plug to me too. I wonder if you drained the tank and put teflon tape on the plug and put it back in, if that would fix it.

kroog

It looks like a drain plug to me too. I wonder if you drained the tank and put teflon tape on the plug and put it back in, if that would fix it.
The fuel tank is part of the frame. Remove the plug (over a drain pan), let it drain, then check the threads on the plug and the female part on the frame. It may just need the threads cleaned.

Latest posts