Cat 262 electrical problem

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

rob1325

I have a 262 that keeps blowing a fuse. It looks to me, when I take off fuse panel, the gas fuse keeps blowing. I change it, start machine then it blows. If I keep the key to start it engine stays on, do this for second but don't want to ruin my starter, then shuts off when I release key. Seem like it cuts out the engine. I looked at some wires for wear but look good. Any ideas where to start? Anyone else have this problem before? Any help deeply appreciated. Thank, Rob

Tazza

Staff member
Does it have a solenoid to pull the fuel shut off lever back? it sounds like it could be a bad coil with shorted windings causing the fuse to blow. If so, you may need a new coil.

OP
OP
R

rob1325

Does it have a solenoid to pull the fuel shut off lever back? it sounds like it could be a bad coil with shorted windings causing the fuse to blow. If so, you may need a new coil.
I think it has electric solinoid.

Paradigm

I have a cat 246 and having a similar problem. I havent checked fuses yet... but my machine is doing the same thing with the keeping the key turned, and it having it die as soon as I let off. Your post is a couple months old... just curious on what you ended up finding as the problem