Cat 257B Right Joystick died

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

varudga

Hey guys... I could use a hand. I recently bought a 2008 CAT 257B with 2500 hours. It's in good shape; needed a few bogies and I changed all fluids and bought new glass for it. That said, after about 2 hours of use suddenly the Right Hand (bucket) joystick has stopped lowering/raising and tilting the bucket. The two auxiliary hydraulic buttons still do work (or at least I assume they do: there's a clicking sound behind the cab whenever I tap on them). > Tracks around just fine. > No dash panel lights. > I checked all the fuses. > Strangely, the hydraulic over-ride button, which previously caused the hydraulic light to light up red, does nothing now. > All other electronics seem to work. > I already tried disconnecting the door and jumping the door sensor from the middle left to the lower-right wire harness holes. > I tried bouncing the machine over rough terrain in reverse to see if it might be a loose wire that I could get to work sporadically, but no dice. Any tips or suggestions for me? I'd really appreciate your help. Thank you. I'd just buy a new joy stick unit but I hate to do it if that's not the problem.