Cat 252b stuck and Now Controls Don't Work

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

SkidAround

Hello Forum, So I recently bought a Cat 252b from an auction. It has its minor problems but ran good when I got it home. However I goofed up and parked it next to the sprinklers and it got very muddy under it on one side and when I tried to get it out sank some more and since I also didn't have the bucket on I managed to get it stuck lol

Anyways we hooked up the truck to pull it out but as my friend was inside pushing down the lever to increase the RPM we noticed the RPM did not go up from idle BUT ALSO the joysticks stopped working as well.

Engine starts and runs fine at idle otherwise.

My question is as you can see in the photos I assume there is a spring missing on the throttle body? Does anyone have a diagram that shows where the spring is supposed to go or what the part number for it is?

Also why did the joysticks stop working? I assumed it's due to a separate issue but what are the odds both these problems happen at the same exact time? is there a safety mechanism that shuts down the joysticks when this happens to the RMP selector perhaps?

Last but not least how can I find the Fuse and Relays for the joysticks?

My serial # is: SCP02842 if it helps.

Thank you in advance,

Attachments

• Throttle Body.jpg
    Throttle Body.jpg
    590.4 KB · Views: 63
  • Stuck Skid Steer.jpg
    Stuck Skid Steer.jpg
    949.1 KB · Views: 50
  • Engine RPM selector.jpg
    Engine RPM selector.jpg
    394.1 KB · Views: 69