Cat 236 boom lowering issue

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

bwbigred

I have an early cat 236 skid steer and went to use it today and while I was running it I went to lower boom slowly and it would not go only if I pushed it all the way it dropped fast and was jerky then it clearing up was good for a while and. Did it again. When it happens it sounds like the motor changes sound and also like the hydro pump might be trying to do something else. All other motions work fine it was cold today like 30. Any help would be great

OP
OP
B

bwbigred

Might be ice in the system let it heat up good and see if it goes away
When it did it a few times I hit the button for the aux and it stopped and other times it didn't help I have not had it on in a long time unless from moving th pilot control something inside is loose and kicking it on

OP
OP
B

bwbigred

When it did it a few times I hit the button for the aux and it stopped and other times it didn't help I have not had it on in a long time unless from moving th pilot control something inside is loose and kicking it on
It did seem better once it heated up but still did it once and a while very weird and like I said it only effected the boom lowering nothing else

antfarmer2

It did seem better once it heated up but still did it once and a while very weird and like I said it only effected the boom lowering nothing else
It can do some strange things keep playing with it and check your hydro fluid is it milky