Case75xt

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Scooby-Doo

Hello to all , I have Case with serial # 0318677 . I was back dragging and lost all hydraulics . Will run great , but , nothing from joy sticks ( no forwards, backwards, up, down ) . The 3 green lights( seat, lap bar , and power are all operating. The left instrument panel; the P ( parking light stays on and have no hydraulic function! Would appreciate any info on what to check for , and kinda ignorant on working on them so location where to look , possibly a picture would help me bunches !! Thanks for any help , Dane

River Fluid Power

Hello to all , I have Case with serial # 0318677 . I was back dragging and lost all hydraulics . Will run great , but , nothing from joy sticks ( no forwards, backwards, up, down ) . The 3 green lights( seat, lap bar , and power are all operating. The left instrument panel; the P ( parking light stays on and have no hydraulic function! Would appreciate any info on what to check for , and kinda ignorant on working on them so location where to look , possibly a picture would help me bunches !! Thanks for any help , Dane
The first thing I would check is the pump drive. Sounds like it may have gone out on you. Where the pump is driven by the engine.

gary230

not familiar with that model but is there a switch for the cab lock. our 435 case has one that went bad in a snowstorm and symptoms were the same as what you state

OP
OP
S

Scooby-Doo

It had a door on cab, took it off and there were no wires . I've been using it like that for some time . Thanks for replying!

OP
OP
S

Scooby-Doo

I was thinking ; and I tried , loosening the hydraulic line at bucket ; if fluid pumped out than hydraulic pump was good . Didn't work , trying to diagnose if pump is good . Don't have The tools to check like the manual suggests .

brdgbldr

Is the pump being turned?
Is the pump belt driven? The belt could have broken or slipped off.
If it is u-joint driven the u-joint may have failed.
The park light may be staying on because you are not getting any charge pressure since the the pump is not working.

OP
OP
S

Scooby-Doo

I haven't had time to look at it ; don't have pressure gauge, was hoping there would be another way . I will post my findings when back home . Thanks for advice

OP
OP
S

Scooby-Doo

Which line are you talking about?
I thought if Hydraulic pump was working, it would be under pressure so I loosened line by bucket . No fluid , just trying to figure out if pump is working, don't have a gauge to use . Replaced brake solenoid ( $ 500 ) and no help

WGW

Pump is direct drive. I have an 85XT and lost the splines on the drive hub. No noises or other indicator prior to failure just good one minute then not. Drive hub is softer than pump splines and on my machine hub got ate up. I think the hub was about $350 and its not really a fun job to replace it. Can be done I did mine.

WGW

I don't think cracking a line will tell you much. On my machine with hydraulics locked out I can still curl the bucket and if you have hydraulic attachment locking on loader that should work while everything else is locked as well.

OP
OP
S

Scooby-Doo

Pump is direct drive. I have an 85XT and lost the splines on the drive hub. No noises or other indicator prior to failure just good one minute then not. Drive hub is softer than pump splines and on my machine hub got ate up. I think the hub was about $350 and its not really a fun job to replace it. Can be done I did mine.
How were you able to diagnose that being the issue,, visual, sound ?

WGW

Well I couldn't curl my bucket or move the bucket pins. There was a faint metal to metal sound after the failure. And seeing that machine was functioning fine and stopped while in use it seemed like the most likely problem. Getting to the pump and the coupling is the exact same procedure anyway. The pump is an expensive part so hope it's the coupling.

OP
OP
S

Scooby-Doo

Well I couldn't curl my bucket or move the bucket pins. There was a faint metal to metal sound after the failure. And seeing that machine was functioning fine and stopped while in use it seemed like the most likely problem. Getting to the pump and the coupling is the exact same procedure anyway. The pump is an expensive part so hope it's the coupling.
Ok, thanks; I'll make sure it's not working before I buy anything! Appreciate the help .

700R

If I had to guess, I would say your problem has to do with electronics...either a solenoid, relay, or maybe even a broken wire somewhere.

I also have a intermittent issue that is kinda similar on my 2001 75XT. A few weeks ago, I was using my machine at a friends house. I shut it down for lunch for maybe a couple hours. After I got back in it, I couldn't curl the bucket. I could move the machine, raise and lower the boom, but I had no bucket curl. The right joystick was physically locked out (I could still drive forward & backwards though). I messed with it for a minute, shut the machine down and restarted it. Same thing. I opened the fuse box to the left of my seat and wiggled the relays and wires. Then waited another couple minutes, and it started working again.

Are your joysticks locked out, or do they still move but the machine doesn't do anything?