Case 85XT Parking Brake

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

mrkd29

I see all sorts of threads about parking brakes not releasing but none about brakes not engaging.. Just purchased a 2005 Case 85XT with 4000 hours. Was a former Waste Management SS so I'm assuming it was maintained reasonably well. The guy I purchased it from bought it from auction and used it around his property. He had the right side drive motor go out so he replaced both drives, tandem pump, and gear pump within the last year. All of the ROPS safety system was bypassed when I got it. He had a wire going from the battery to the NOR solenoid so the SS had no functioning neutral or brake. Long story short I fixed all of the safety systems hoping that would fix the brake not working. It didn't... I can confirm the NOR solenoid is operating correctly now. It goes into neutral when the seat bar is raised or the brake button is pushed on the joystick. The SS still rolls if on a hill though, the brake doesn't see to be holding it. This SS has the spring activated brake attached to the drive motors. Hydraulic pressure releases the brakes. I disconnected the hydraulic line feeding the parking brakes to make sure there was zero pressure on both. The brakes should have engaged with no pressure. They did not. I can still move the SS. I think I know my answer at this point but wanted to ask the experts to see if I may have missed something. Is it possible the previous owner may have not re-assembled something correctly? My guy says there's an issue with both brakes that will require removing the drive units again (not looking forward to that). He only replaced the drive motors, not the brakes. thanks!