Case 420 approved solvent and sealant for chain tank

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Hey folks, I just bought a 2005 Case 420. I was checking the chain tank oil, and it looks pretty dirty and milky. I want to remove the inspection covers to clean everything in it. The manual says to use an "approved solvent". Can you tell me what solvent is acceptable for this? It also says when putting the inspection cover back on, use and approved sealant. What sealant is acceptable? Thanks.

Tazza

Staff member
Will need a lot of rags I put earth magnets in the center to catch any metal
I wouldn't be worried about "approved" silicone, just use a good quality sealant. Clean it up well with solvent before you stick it down so it makes a good seal. I use brake cleaner or anything else on hand that leaves no residue.

OP
OP

I wouldn't be worried about "approved" silicone, just use a good quality sealant. Clean it up well with solvent before you stick it down so it makes a good seal. I use brake cleaner or anything else on hand that leaves no residue.
Thanks guys. I got it all cleaned up and back together. I appreciate the advise.

Gearclash

Thanks guys. I got it all cleaned up and back together. I appreciate the advise.
Be sure that the rubber covers on the sides of the chain case are in place. The two that are beside the foot plate are vulnerable to getting kicked out of place by the operator's feet.

Latest posts