Case 1845c charge psi light cab buzzer

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

knuckleduster271

Long-time lurker- first time poster: Alternator died, replaced it with a $70 ebay reman- alternator lasted 2 days before it quit charging, I filed a return and ordered a second one- got it put in and immediately after replacement my charge PSI light is on as well as the in cab buzzer. A couple other warning lights are very dimly lit.... Knowing the machine ran fine before the alternator replacement (aside from the charging issue) I unhooked the power lead from the alternator and ran the machine straight off the battery and everything is fine. There are two posts on the voltage regulator, one side is pushing out close to 20 volts while the other side is 14. Putting an alternator in these is not particularly fun and I'm not really happy about having to do it a third time I'm just wondering if anybody else has any insight to something I'm possibly missing? Logically thinking I should probably just purchase alternators elsewhere haha but I don't want to order another one and go through all this again and have it be something simple that I was overlooking. Any help or Insight would be greatly appreciated.

Latest posts