Case 1840 with the controls reversed!

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Off Road SHO

Hey guys, my new to me older style 1840 has the boom lift and bucket curl controls reversed. That is to say the boom is controlled by the right hand lever and the curl by the left. I don't see how this was done. Out of the valve body is all steel piping and doesn't look like it could be switched very easily. The torsion rods from the bottom pivots are both paralell to each other front to back. I'm cornfuzed. Tom

Tazza

Staff member
Could they have reveresed the linkages somehow? as in putting the top one at the bottom and the bottom on the top? i'm not sure if your levers are joined to the control block with metal bars or cables, if cables, it's easy to swap them at the control block.

OP
OP
O

Off Road SHO

Could they have reveresed the linkages somehow? as in putting the top one at the bottom and the bottom on the top? i'm not sure if your levers are joined to the control block with metal bars or cables, if cables, it's easy to swap them at the control block.
Tazza, That's what they did. The control rods have a bend in them so that they can criss cross before the valve body. When they reassembled it they just ran them parallel. I think they also have the hoses from the left drive pump reversed also. One problem at a time. Tom

Tazza

Staff member
Tazza, That's what they did. The control rods have a bend in them so that they can criss cross before the valve body. When they reassembled it they just ran them parallel. I think they also have the hoses from the left drive pump reversed also. One problem at a time. Tom
Glad it's an easy fix, i have never understooh why people change things around on purpose, you move from one skidder to another and you need to get used to the different controls.