Case 1840 part name???

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Robcase1840

90's case 1840. Started creeping on left side. Almost certain it is that hydraulic cylinder that is under seat that I think applies back pressure to linkage. Anyway anyone know what that cylinder is called? Thanks

OP
OP
R

Robcase1840

It's a gas filled shock, it might just need some adjustment.
Here's a parts breakdown diagram from Messick's with part numbers.
Thanks. I found it I will try adjusting out some. Seems too have more slop in it than the other one

Gearclash

Thanks. I found it I will try adjusting out some. Seems too have more slop in it than the other one
Case calls them "shock absorbers". They are a motion damper for the hydro controls. If you have trouble with the machine creeping, it is not the shock absorbers. If the machine consistently creeps in one way, then the problem is the centering mechanism is out of adjustment. If the creep is somewhat random, then the rod end eyes between the centering mechanism and the swashplate arm are probably loose and the centering mechanism can't hold the swashplate in a neutral position consistently. I'm not familiar with the details of the 1840s, but the 1835Bs had a rubber grommet that anchored the far end of the shock absorbers; the rubber would perish over time and that would allow the entire shock absorber to move back and forth a little, making the controls feel a little odd and jerky.