case 1840 charge pressure

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

7LBSSMALLIE

intermittent drive issues. 1 pump mount bolt were sheared off , other loose. has sunstrand m91 servo assist stat. A capped off drive lines , will not pull down eng when stroked. either side. removed stat and bell house cover all intact . tore down resealed stat visuall inspection all looked good. reinstalled. cannot get air bled or charge pressure up . IN DESPRATE NEED OF HYD SCHEMATIC.? online can only find parts diagrams. parts breakdown shows a few componets that bear looking at but without a schematic im just fishing. any help would be most welcome

Tazza

Staff member
Can you loosen the lines from the pump to allow the air to bleed? messy i know, but it may help get it out.

OP
OP

7LBSSMALLIE

Can you loosen the lines from the pump to allow the air to bleed? messy i know, but it may help get it out.
tried all that. today I did find a chunk of metal in oil cooler cold weather by pass valve. which I believe may have been original issue. my thinking at this point is the possibility that I installed charge pump backwards. easily done gonna tear back down to confirm. but still could really use the hyd schematic.

Tazza

Staff member
tried all that. today I did find a chunk of metal in oil cooler cold weather by pass valve. which I believe may have been original issue. my thinking at this point is the possibility that I installed charge pump backwards. easily done gonna tear back down to confirm. but still could really use the hyd schematic.
Lets hope that was the issue, nothing more frustrating chasing your tail to find issues without a schematic....

OP
OP

7LBSSMALLIE

Lets hope that was the issue, nothing more frustrating chasing your tail to find issues without a schematic....
prior to going back into stat I thought it prudent to.. remove all lines and port block. and filter housing. cleaned all blew out checked for obstruction . none found. examined all fitting o rings looking for possible suction leak. o rings looked ok installed new just the same.. as previously stated in port block poppet closet to cooler. had chunk o metal in it removed and cleaned poppet seat appeared ok but note it was stuck. today drained tank as well got a considerable amount of metal which I believe was from a drive motorfailure about a year ago. (replaced motor at that time all was good. as it stand cannot build charge pressure. plug on top of stat (parts break down call this a suction port) when I remove does have suction(even went as far as putting a hose in hole to fresh fluid and sucked the jug dry. in no time. so return side good. appears to be blocage from resovior circuit to charge circuit. but alas still cant find a schematic.