Case 1835B Incline Ability

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Mk1_Oz

New to skid steers so a question.....

Looking at buying a Case 1835B. I have a steep asphalt driveway. What is the incline limit for this skid steer? I cannot recall what gradient my driveway is but will measure when I have a minute.

Are these machines fairly safe to climb empty then come back down the slope with a full bucket? Should the climb/assent be done forwards or backwards?

foton

I do not think there is any set method, there is to many varibles, the thing to do is be very carefull with it and see what the limits are and go from there. I can notice a difference just changing what type of attachment I have on the front. I had rear weights on the machine when I got it, I had to take them off for normal use , I would have needed 1000 lbs in the front bucket to use it on anything but the flatlest ground. Do not really like doing wheelies.

Howard L

I have and 1835B and a steep grass hill that is maybe 30 degrees. I can climb it ok. It feels weird for sure but if your careful you will get used to it.
Always keep the bucket as low as possible and go slow and wear seat belt!!!!
Going uphill or downhill is safest.
I have maybe 100lbs of weights on rear cover as well and I can go up the hill with my empty lighter toothed bucket and even lighter regular forks.
I can go downhill bucket first with logs to the top of bucket.
There is an asphalt driveway next door that is at a maximum pitch that I can go up and down no problem unless there is a packy snow which I can't go up at all without chains.

OP
OP
M

Mk1_Oz

Got outside and measured my driveway using the laser level. The attached pic shows the situation. The black is the driveway and I measured along 14.8m (48' 6 1/2") of it. The elevation change over than distance was 3.81m (12' 6"). Now referring to some rather distance schooling, I make Angle A = 15 degrees and Angle B 75 degrees.

When referring to a slope, which figure is the right one - 15 or 75??
My Driveway.jpg

OK engage brain....neither?

3810/14800 = 0.257 or a 25.7% grade?