Case 1830 Uni Loader

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Hello Tazza, From reading your post I can see you are a knowledgeable man this the Case Skid Steer. I purchased a 1830 Uni Loader. Made all the needed oil, filler and plug changes. The machine runs great. However, the right side does not move when I love the lever forward and back. From reading your previous posted treated I checked the noted areas and find them to be fine. When I move the lever back and forth I do not ear any noise or anything happening in that side of the pump/hydro.../wheel movement. What are some things I can do to find what the problem is? Kindly advise. Thank you,

Tazza

Staff member
Can you swap drive motors from side to side? This is a good way to work out if the issue is in the motor or the pump.
I have had a machine that had no power on one side, the seals in the motor were totally shot, i replaced them and it worked great.
Hopefully it is that easy.

OP
OP
A
Can you swap drive motors from side to side? This is a good way to work out if the issue is in the motor or the pump.
I have had a machine that had no power on one side, the seals in the motor were totally shot, i replaced them and it worked great.
Hopefully it is that easy.
That's a totally fantastic idea. I will do just that and keep you posted. Is there a website you recommended the step by step directions on how to go about doing that?

Tazza

Staff member
That's a totally fantastic idea. I will do just that and keep you posted. Is there a website you recommended the step by step directions on how to go about doing that?
None that i have seen, should just be remove hoses and possibly fittings and then the motor bolts. Hopefully yours will just pull out, some did have bolts at the end of the drive motor that means you needed to get into the chain case and un-do it.
Sadly i don't know how yours is made.

Latest posts