case 1830 gas engine skidsteer

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Willberr47

I'm new to the forum. Having problems with my case 1830. After a rebuilding of my drive pump and motor the skidsteer worked for 30 minutes before she started acting up. The engine stalls out when I try to use the hydraulics. Could my problem be in the hydraulic fluid? What woulld happen if 10w30 oil was put in instead of hydraulic oil? Can anyone out there help?

skidsteer.ca

I can't see the oil being the issue. Does it stall when you try to drive, is it forward, backwards, rh or lh side or both??? or when you lift the boom or tilt the bucket.
We need some more info to be able to be able to help you.

OP
OP
W

Willberr47

I can't see the oil being the issue. Does it stall when you try to drive, is it forward, backwards, rh or lh side or both??? or when you lift the boom or tilt the bucket.
We need some more info to be able to be able to help you.
Thanks for replying. The machine is in the shop but it seemed to stall when either lever was moved. Before I took it back to the shop the change filter light was coming on. The case dealer has no clue to what is causing the problem. They replaced the filter but the problem is still there. Hope you can help.

Tazza

Staff member
Thanks for replying. The machine is in the shop but it seemed to stall when either lever was moved. Before I took it back to the shop the change filter light was coming on. The case dealer has no clue to what is causing the problem. They replaced the filter but the problem is still there. Hope you can help.
What about lift only? does it pull the engine down?
I'm just wondering if there is an engine power issue causing it to stall. The drive pump does draw a lot of HP from the engine when driving. The charge pressure light flickering does also tend to make me suspect a pump issue, even though it was worked on already.....

OP
OP
W

Willberr47

What about lift only? does it pull the engine down?
I'm just wondering if there is an engine power issue causing it to stall. The drive pump does draw a lot of HP from the engine when driving. The charge pressure light flickering does also tend to make me suspect a pump issue, even though it was worked on already.....
When the machine is first started in the morning it works fine for about five minutes before it starts acting up. It stalls as soon as I try to use any hydraulics with no load on it. I called the shop and their in the process of rebuilding the carb. They think the problem is in the carb. I don't think it is.