case 1818 year?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

rockdog57

I just acquired a case 1818. I'm just trying to figure out what year it is. The serial number is GCJ0001506. Is anyone able to tell from this number what year it is? Has the onan engine in it.

pogo

Last two numbers on my 1818 vin is 76, I don't think it is that old 1976?

I did some internet surfing and that says the last number of the 10 digit number is the year. I think the term digit refers to all of it with the letters and numbers so in your case ( no pun ) it maybe a 1986.

I am sure he figured he would get a quicker answer on this forum. So far not so much help from me or others. So I took a stab at it. History of Case units shows that they have breakdowns of the model 1818 but show it from late 1986 - 1996 and I found on place that said what I explained above the whole digit number is both letters and numers when counting to 10 as the year. If that doesn't help then yes call the IHC/Case folks.

mrbb

I am sure he figured he would get a quicker answer on this forum. So far not so much help from me or others. So I took a stab at it. History of Case units shows that they have breakdowns of the model 1818 but show it from late 1986 - 1996 and I found on place that said what I explained above the whole digit number is both letters and numers when counting to 10 as the year. If that doesn't help then yes call the IHC/Case folks.
I understand asking here, as some times we all like to avoid dealers, and just being active on the site !

but when posting on a forum, your at the mercy of someone to reply and then hoping there correct(which could lead to getting wrong parts if they changed things between yrs)
SO, IMO< when a simple call to a dealer will net the exact info, and be had as soon as you place the call and get an answer on other end that is again correct
seems like a simpler things to do than hoping to get an answer on a forum, no offense meant and not trying to argue, just saying it maybe the better way to get this info and faster as well!

Latest posts